Fun in the Sun, Fun in the Sand, Fun in the Surf!
Held every July in New Jersey, the Wildwood Beach Ultimate(W2BU) Tournament is the world’s largest beach ultimate event. Started in 1992, this tournament draws several hundred teams from the US and even further! Imagine several thousand players in one location for two amazing days of Beach Ultimate.
- Event Type: Team Tournament
- Event Start: Saturday
- Event End: Sunday
- Location: Wildwood Beach, New Jersey.
Tournament HQ is located at the surf end of Morey’s Pier, with fields fanning out along the beach from there.
When is W2BU?
Wildwood takes place the last full weekend of July every year. Here’s a schedule
- WILDWOOD26: July 28-29, 2018
- WILDWOOD27: July 27-28, 2019
Teams receive 2 days of play: 4 games on Saturday and 2-3 games on Sunday, there’s a sweet party Saturday evening, beverages / fruit provided, a chance to win a trophy, and one heck of a great time!
- March 3: Registration for W2BU 2018 opens
- Mid July: *We never close registration! But, active registration ends July 15. After that date, your team will be placed on a waiting list so we can organize brackets and might be requested to shift to a different division.
W2BU is comprised of several basic divisions. They are defined as:
- 3/1 Beer – 3 Male, 1 Female players on the field for each point. Beer Divisions are for teams who care more about fun than winning.
- 2/2 Beer – 2 Male, 2 Female players on the field for each point. Beer Divisions are for teams who care more about fun than winning.
- 3/1 Competitive – 3 Male, 1 Female players on the field for each point.
- 2/2 Competitive* – 2 Male, 2 Female players on the field for each point (*this division may be re-assigned/eliminated if insufficient teams register to create a pool)
- 3/1 High School Sunday only* – 3 Male, 1 Female players on the field for each point (*this division may be eliminated if insufficient teams register to create a pool). Use Coupon Code: WW2018HSdiscount for $250 discount. **HighSchool TEAMS only. **If you are not a HS team and use this discount, you will be penalized and processed accordingly.
Initial $450 registration fee covers your first 10 players on your roster.
Each additional player is $45 and there is NO roster limit.
This is a NON USAU sanctioned event.
All your players must sign their own waivers by logging in with the email address you registered them with.
Pay for Players using the online payment center. (Powered by Stripe, your transactions are secure.)
Paying ahead of time will make everything faster!
There will be a fast lane at Friday night check in for teams who are all paid and have waivers signed online ahead of time!!!
This is the published refund policy.
Refunds are available if you have to cancel your bid for Wildwood2018.
- Before 05/31/2018: 100% refund
- 6/1/2018 – 6/30/2018: 50% refund
- 7/1/2018 – 7/13/2018: 25% refund.
- After 7/13/2018: NO REFUND
Refunds will be based on the date/time stamp of the email sent requesting the refund. If you request a refund after midnight on 7/13/2018, you will be denied except extraordinary hardship, which will be reviewed on a case by case basis AFTER the tournament.
Friday Night Check-In
Friday night, 8 pm – 11 pm on the 2nd floor of the Blue Water Grille inside the Bolero Resort (21+). There will be an alternative location for under 21 inside the Tournament Hotel, room location tbd.
There will be a fast lane for teams that have already paid for all team members and completed ALL their waivers online.
Does a captain have to go to check in?
Someone responsible must go, they will need to bring all waivers not signed online and any outstanding money owed. If you pay and sign your waivers online ahead of time you will save time.
There’s no way any of my teammates can make it to check in, what can I do?
IF you have everyone pay online ahead of time AND sign all their waivers ahead of time then you can get your stuff from the tent on Saturday. Please let us know ahead of time at TD@wwbeachultimate.com. DON’T BE THAT NO-SHOW TEAM!
What type of Footwear is allow? W2BU allows players to play in Bare Feet, Sandsocks, or Tennis Shoes (if necessitated due to injury and acceptable to both teams). No cleats or other type of shoe is allowed!
PLEASE PACK OUT WHAT YOU PACK IN! Please respect the beach, and clean up all your trash. Remember: the beach surrounds the world…
Saturday – Pool Play
|Start Time||End Time||Round||Class|
|9:30 AM||10:15 AM||Round 1||A|
|10:30 AM||11:15 AM||Round 2||B|
|11:30 AM||12:15 PM||Round 3||A|
|12:30 PM||1:15 PM||Round 4||B|
|1:30 PM||2:15 PM||Round 5||A|
|2:15 PM Division A Report Scores!|
|2:30 PM||3:15 PM||Round 6||B|
|3:15 PM Division B Report Scores!|
|4:00 PM||4:45 PM||Pre-1/4s||A|
|5:00 PM||5:45 PM||Pre-1/4s||B|
|PRE-PARTY Report Scores!|
REPORT YOUR SCORES!! Then, feel free to party! 5:00 pm – 9 pm at the Hucking Hurricane Hut on the Beach. Party moves to the Bolero after 9. Wrist-bands + over-21 ID required!
Sunday Elimination Games
|Start Time||End Time||Round||Class|
|10:00 AM||10:50 AM||Quarters||A|
|11:00 AM||11:50 AM||Quarters||B|
|12:00 PM||12:50 PM||SemiFinals||A|
|1:00 PM||1:50 PM||SemiFinals||B|
|2:15 PM||??? PM||Finals||A|
|3:?? PM Division A Trophies Awarded!|
|3:15 PM||??? PM||Finals||B|
|4:?? PM Division B Trophies Awarded!|